1. Calibrate, inspect and maintain lab equipment including, liquid handlers, thermocyclers, pipettors, plate handlers & sealers.
2. Preventative maintenance and system repair.
3. Working with lab personnel & equipment supplier to affect repair of all the above mentioned systems as well as aiding in setup & maintenance of in house systems.
4. Interface with engineering and production, develop and document relevant procedures as required.
5. Other miscellaneous duties such as aiding in test fixture development, assisting in engineering projects as required, monitoring lab facilities and spare parts inventory as assigned. Duties will include both regularly scheduled system maintenance tasks as well as one time tasks.
The successful candidate will enjoy working in a rapidly developing fast paced startup company. Job duties are still evolving and creative thinking is needed to create processes and procedures which will enable the equipment to function reliably for long periods. Upgrades to the equipment will be rolled out on a regular basis to address problems found and support new features. Keeping a positive, can do attitude in the face of this rapid change is required in this position as it is one of the most visible interfaces to the system users.
1. Use of standard test equipment such as DVMs and power meters.
2. Ability to read and understand technical documents, drawings, specifications and manuals.
3. The ability to create and maintain Microsoft Word and Excel documents.
4. The ability to understand complex systems, help create the procedures required to maintain them.
5. Communicate effectively with users, engineers and scientists.
6. An AS degree, equivalent or 10 years experience building, troubleshooting and repairing complex lab or semiconductor equipment.
Work Location: Shenzhen, China