Philips Research is the source of many advanced developments in Healthcare, Lifestyle and Technology. Building on 90 years’ experience in industrial research and our world-leading patent position, we’re dedicated to meaningful innovations. In the healthcare domain, we are enhancing imaging and monitoring systems, as well as exploring innovative personal healthcare. In lifestyle, we’re helping people see, hear, remember and share content, anywhere and anytime. Our vision focuses on simplicity, making technology an integral – but invisible – part of everyday life.
To grow the LED lighting business of Philips in China, we are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Lighting Applications and Services department of Philips Research China as a senior scientist of standardization for wireless control.
- Participate in projects, work as a team and perform research in the field of lighting system solutions, lighting services and smart city;
- Be up-to-date, and build competence for the team in the field of wireless communication and control technologies for outdoor intelligent lighting system;
- Build and maintain the knowledge based of network and connectivity standardization in China and global for lighting control system;
- Work closely with and manage both internal and external partners to define a strategy and regulation road map of connected lighting for local business;
- Work closely with and manage both internal and external partners to develop standardization in the relevant communities;
- Deliver high quality results in the forms of patent, technical report, technical paper and the proof of the concept demonstrations/prototypes etc.
- Understand customer insights and manage uncertainties;
- Identify and discover the major technical problems along the trend of lighting and ICT industries;
- Synergize knowledge in different areas;
- Develop lighting control standardization and make it adaption in the relevant community.
- Master or doctor degree in communication, electronic/electrical engineering or computer science;
- More than 3 years working experience in the field of information and communication technology;
- Solid knowledge of network and wireless communication system;
- Experience in intelligent lighting and smart city is preferred;
Experience in managing research and development projects in the relevant fields;
- Self-motivated, pro-active behavior, result oriented and quality driven;
- Good communication and presentation skills, good spoken and written English and Chinese.
Interested candidates please send your resume to Emily Qian at Emily.QIAN@philips.com, and specify where you see this position advertised.