Philips Research is the source of many advanced developments in Healthcare, Lifestyle and Technology. Building on 90 years’ experience in industrial research and our world-leading patent position, we’re dedicated to meaningful innovations.
In the healthcare domain, we are enhancing imaging and monitoring systems, as well as exploring innovative personal healthcare. In lifestyle, we’re helping people see, hear, remember and share content, anywhere and anytime. Our vision focuses on simplicity, making technology an integral – but invisible – part of everyday life.
As Principal Scientist, you will lead a team of talented researchers in the department of Lifestyle Applications. You need to support the department head in formulating and monitoring the team capabilities and program execution as an integral part of the group program. You are responsible for both day-to-day operational management and deliverables of the team, and you need to manage a communication network of interest to the team and department, with both Philips internal and external.
- Assist the department head in defining team research direction and reaching alignments with stakeholders.
- Monitor the execution of projects and support the project leaders to deliver the agreed results.
- Effectively communicate with the internal stakeholders, in defining, developing and releasing projects, being able to understand and bridge different views.
- Build and maintain a network of external partners.
- Evaluate employees’ performance and facilitate their personal development. Develop and maintain the competency and capabilities of the team.
- Improve the employee’s engage level through building a good working atmosphere and way of working.
- Master or above degree with emphasis on one of the following disciplines or domains:
Mechanics (Fluid dynamics ,modeling and simulation)
Sensor and data analysis
- Proven track record and preferably experience in leading a multi-disciplinary R&D team in an international company.
- Strong drive for results with strong problem solving capability
- A good team player. An excellent communicator and motivator, skilled in managing interpersonal processes.
- Good understanding and analysis of the market and technology trends, being able to build an overview of the business and shape the direction of innovation.
- Experience in analyzing the stakeholder environment and needs to achieve common objectives, considering contradicting interests and making the best decisions for the project as well as the business.
- Able to continuously challenge the status quo, with a strong desire to improve organizational effectiveness structurally.
- Always looking for perfection and don’t accept underperformance or poor results. Have a quality mindset.
- R&D Experience in areas of Home Appliance or Kitchen Appliance is preferred.
Interested candidates please send your resume to Emily Qian at Emily.QIAN@philips.com, and specify where you see this position advertised.