Philips Research is the source of many advanced developments in Healthcare, Lifestyle and Technology. Building on 90 years’ experience in industrial research and our world-leading patent position, we’re dedicated to meaningful innovations.
In the healthcare domain, we are enhancing imaging and monitoring systems, as well as exploring innovative personal healthcare. In lifestyle, we’re helping people see, hear, remember and share content, anywhere and anytime. Our vision focuses on simplicity, making technology an integral – but invisible – part of everyday life.
- Define and develop the system architecture for new product concepts from research projects covering domestic appliances and personal care devices.
- Responsible for the overall-design of system architecture to the level that it can be realized by project teams.
- Makes use of existing subsystems/components as much as possible.
- Defines and deploys short-term (<2 years) roadmaps and platforms and indicates long-term (2-4 years) expectations on developments for the targeted applications and domains.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the knowledge in the teams, in respect to innovation, new technical developments and quality, within his/her application areas.
- Maintains contacts with colleagues within and outside Philips, other R&D centers and universities, in order to participate in strategic platforms and to keep track of new developments.
- Master (or PhD) in electronics/electrical engineering, control systems, mechanical engineering, physics or relevant discipline.
- >10 years hands-on product development experience in domestic appliance or personal care development and architecture, specific knowledge of and experience in relevant design methods.
- OEM exposure and experience required.
- Experience in the creation and evolution of major projects and systems.
- Wide knowledge and experience of key technologies/components.
- Wide knowledge and experience of standards and external developments.
- Proven track record in managing a team or teams to deliver results
- Design for six sigma experience preferred.
- Able to look, realistically, beyond the well-trodden paths.
- Lateral thinker with helicopter view, capable of finding an appropriate solution to complex problems.
- Improvement attitude.
Interested candidates please send your resume to Emily Qian at Emily.QIAN@philips.com, and specify where you see this position advertised.