Philips Research is the source of many advanced developments in Healthcare, Lifestyle and Technology. Building on 90 years’ experience in industrial research and our world-leading patent position, we’re dedicated to meaningful innovations. In the healthcare domain, we are enhancing imaging and monitoring systems, as well as exploring innovative personal healthcare. In lifestyle, we’re helping people see, hear, remember and share content, anywhere and anytime. Our vision focuses on simplicity, making technology an integral – but invisible – part of everyday life
- Take a lead in scouting, evaluating and developing innovative Lighting System in package solutions for lamps/luminaires applications.
- Help identify research directions on Lighting System in Package targeting at cost breakthrough and have high impact on the Philips Lighting business, based on thorough understanding of up-to-date technological development in relevant LED packaging areas.
- Contribute to building up the group know-how and competency around LED packaging technologies and their applications.
- Actively seek for and make good use of collaboration opportunities with universities, institutes, 3rd companies and other external knowledge centers, to ensure the success of research projects in the spirit of open innovation.
- Be responsible for smooth and efficient execution of research projects, and taking efforts in turning the research outcome into business opportunities.
- Manage well the research outcome in the form of IP, internal technical reports and quality publications, where applicable.
- Work along with peer colleagues across projects, groups and labs, with diverse backgrounds, remain open in sharing insights and make sure communication goes timely when needed.
- Master degree and above in electrical engineering, (applied) physics and a major equivalent. >8 years well tracked experiences in semiconductor industry; >3 years experiences in lighting applications. Overseas experience is preferred.
- Broad and solid knowledge in whole process of LED design, manufacturing and test, especially in COB, new substrate materials and relevant solid state lighting technologies.
- Solid understanding of up-to-date Lamps/Luminaires architecture and pros/cons, broad knowledge and experiences on Lighting Thermal/Electric/Mechanics/Optics design
- Excellent capability demonstrated with a track record of innovation (e.g. application development, publications at renowned international journals/conferences).
- Hands on experimental research experience, e.g., for new concept development and prototyping. Experience in lighting system development is a strong plus.
- Passionate, open-minded, having a good team spirit, and results-oriented.
- Effective communication skills, good grasp of English both orally and literally.
Interested candidates please send your resume to Emily Qian at Emily.QIAN@philips.com, and specify where you see this position advertised.