Philips Research China (PR-CN) has been established in Shanghai since the year of 2000. Our focus is on breakthrough innovation in making a difference to people’s health and wellbeing, special attention to the challenges in the Emerging Markets. We accelerate our innovation via co-creation with business, and collaboration with industrial and academic partners. We are an integral part of Philips’ international Research organization and have extensive collaborations with Philips’ labs across the world. PR-CN currently has over 160 research and development staff mainly working in three programs: Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting.
The Lighting Applications and Services department targets at value creation by generating innovative lighting solutions and by actively participating in local standardization. The research areas include: LED outdoor lighting, LED indoor lighting, and automotive aftermarket.
- Participate in projects, work as a team and conduct research in the fields of outdoor lighting system solutions, lighting services and smart city, etc.;
- Manage research direction and projects to develop innovative intelligent lighting concepts and solutions that can drive market delivery;
- Work closely with and manage both internal and external partners to develop differentiators that can fulfill the customer unmet needs;
- Be responsible for architecture, solution and service aspects of the intelligent lighting system; understand the requirements of professional customers and end users and communicate with the development team, solve the technical problems of outdoor lighting system solutions and services;
- Be up-to-date, and build knowledge base and competence for the team in the field of outdoor intelligent lighting system solutions and services, and adjacent areas;
- Deliver high quality results in the forms of patent, technical report, technical paper and the proof of the concept demonstrations/prototypes etc.;
- Understand customer insights and manage uncertainties;
- Identify and discover the major technical problems along the trend of lighting and ICT industries;
- Synergize knowledge in different areas;
- Generate innovative ideas and develop technical solutions to solve the unmet needs.
- Master or above degree in electronic, electrical engineering, communication, computer science or relevant domain, PhD is preferred;
- At least 3-5 years of research experience in the field of information, communication technology, automation or intelligent control;
- Experience in intelligent lighting system and smart city is preferred;
Experience in managing research and development projects is a plus.
- Self-motivated, pro-active behavior, result oriented and quality driven.
- Good communication and presentation skills, good spoken and written English
Interested candidates please send your resume to Emily Qian at Emily.QIAN@philips.com, and specify where you see this position advertised.