Philips Research China (PR-CN) has been established in Shanghai since the year of 2000. Our focus is on breakthrough innovation in making a difference to people’s health and wellbeing, special attention to the challenges in the Emerging Markets. We accelerate our innovation via co-creation with business, and collaboration with industrial and academic partners. We are an integral part of Philips’ international Research organization and have extensive collaborations with Philips’ labs across the world. PR-CN currently has over 160 research and development staff mainly working in three programs: Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting.
The Healthcare department focuses on a broad range of technologies and applications targeting both professional and personal healthcare markets. The innovation focuses are: chronic disease management and solutions; imaging systems; community and home care propositions for the Chinese market; clinical research.
The position is located in Philips’s Shanghai lab and will play an important role in the development of new technology for Philips ultrasound systems. With unique users and use cases, the evolving market for ultrasound in China drives demand for intelligent features and innovations that suit the government-driven modernization of healthcare delivery. We seek candidates with a passion for improving the health and well being of mankind, and a desire to lead by example. This is an outstanding place to work with numerous paths for career growth in technology development, clinical research, and/or business leadership.
The right candidate will have a unique opportunity to participate in China-wide clinical application studies, customer requirement generation, and subsequent collaborative technology development with local and international research colleagues. The post will suit an experienced scientist or engineer with a subset of proven experience within clinical applications of ultrasound and algorithm development, with diverse expertise in image analysis, signal processing, Doppler ultrasound, and beam formation.
• Design, development, and testing of ultrasound algorithm prototypes
• Conduction of primary market research studies in applicable clinical environments
• Translation of customer requirements into quantifiable product requirements
• Prepare, conduct, and analyze simulated use studies with mock ups and models.
• Support the development of production/test methodologies within the company, working closely with systems engineering functions to ensure effective transfer of new designs into production.
• Create patent applications and submit publications to high impact journals.
• Minimum of MS (PhD preferred) degree in Biomedical Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Physics, or other related disciplines.
• Knowledgeable on the full domain of medical ultrasound system components, functionality, and applications is required
• 2-5 years of experience in a related medical device or equipment industry, preferably in ultrasound systems, is required.
• Experience in intellectual property drafting and publishing peer-reviewed papers is preferred.
• Excellent organizational, conflict management, time management, and communication skills preferred.
• Project Management experience an advantage
• Fluency in oral and written English (required) and Mandarin Chinese (preferred)
Interested candidates please send your resume to Emily Qian at Emily.QIAN@philips.com, and specify where you see this position advertised.