• Play an active role in the project team by contributing creative ideas aimed at developing new medical device for detection, screening, diagnosis and treatment. Creative ideas should result in patents that protect potential future expansion of our healthcare business.
• Design hardware solutions based on the platform and realize hardware and software integration.
• Be up-to-date, and understand, existing literature in specific area.
• Ensure creative ideas are supported/build on existing literature. Literature reviews and outcome of experiments to be produced by candidate are made available to the Philips community in the form of Technical Reports.
• Fulfill design tasks according to project plan and specification, ensure quality of the deliverables.
• Actively collaborate with colleagues in Philips that are working in related fields, and contribute to project results.
• Carry out industrial research in medical device/solution and clinical decision support, enlarging relevant knowledge and bringing-in new knowledge
• Pro-actively make knowledge available for operational use within Philips to contribute to successful transfers of research results to the businesses.
• Keep abreast of technical, application and market developments in the relevant technological and industrial areas, showing interest in the business aspects
• Contribute pro-actively to a creative and inspiring working environment
Master degree or PhD in either biomedical engineering or electronic engineering. The degree should be supported by publications in renowned international journals
Competency and Skills:
• Drive, entrepreneurial behavior, result oriented and quality driven
• Excellent communication skills.
• English language skills to at least CET level 6.
• Positive mindset
• Strong hand-on skills in biosensor technology development, signal processing, analog and digital circuit design, embedded system programming and development
• Familiar with ARM or other 32-bits processor architecture, have embedded system design and hardware platform development experience.
• Familiar with schematic input, PCB layout, EMC and power management knowledge, System level software programming (e.g. hardware driver), experiences on C, LabVIEW, Matlab, Condense, Altium, Linux are preferable.
• Familiar electrical product development process, have more experience in circuit debug, verification and testing.
• Have FPGA programming experience.
Interested candidates please send your resume to Emily Qian at Emily.QIAN@philips.com, and specify where you see this position advertised.