Learn more about Philips Research Asia – Shanghai, please click http://www.research.philips.com/locations/shanghai.html
• Collaborate with scientists with an electronics and physics background to model, design, build up, characterize and optimize optical systems for LED lighting applications
• Using optical simulation and design software to model and design secondary optics, light-guides and out-coupling structures; Propose and conduct research projects on lighting optical design with medium and long-term impact on SSL systems and applications and/or in other related lighting areas; Helping to solve critical short-term problems when needed;
• Generating creative ideas and preparation of patent disclosures, managing and expanding collaboration with eco-system;
• May leading a project team and be responsible for project planning; managing project deliverables, e.g. cost, time; multi-site communication and supporting supplier management when there is a need.
• PhD or MSc degree, majored in physics, optics or optoelectronics.
• 3-5 years of Non-imaging optics design exp. is a must. Imaging optical design is preferred.
• Knowledge of lighting area preferred.
• Familiar with photometry preferred. Knowledge of visual perception in lighting is a plus.
• Both experimental simulation skills are required.
• Past experience with one of the optical design software packages such as tracepro, Zemax, Lighttools, ASAP is preferred.
• Demonstrated capabilities for decision-making on incomplete knowledge & know-how base.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Driven, entrepreneurial behavior, result oriented, flexible and quick in learning.
• Good communication skills on an international platform. English skill is essential
Interested candidates please send your resume to Emily Qian at Emily.QIAN@philips.com, and specify where you see this position advertised.
For more job opportunities, please refer to http://www.rencai8.com/corp_info?company_id=832845